LOCATION (REMEMBER IT WAS CHANGED): Whittier Park in Royal Oak. If you want to MapQuest or GPS it try using the address 720 E. Farnum, Royal Oak, MI 48068.
ARRIVAL: Please arrive by 8:30am to check in and sign a new waiver for Royal Oak (the other one was for a tournament being held in Rochester.)
BRING: Bring water and a snack if you need them. There will be a port-a-potty available.
FORMAT: You will be playing a series of doubles games with different partners.
HOW IT WORKS: If we have the 17 people we are expecting, we will use the numbers on the player list 1-17 and add or subtract from there as needed.
- 16 people will be put on 4 courts with one person sitting out.
- At the sound of the whistle play begins (you should have warmed up BEFORE 9:00)
- After 9 minutes the whistle will blow again. Play stops and the scores are recorded on an index card provided. Write your name and YOUR score.
- Winners stay on the same court but split up to opposite sides of the net.
- Losers go to the next higher court number and split up to opposite sides of the net.
- The losers at the highest numbered court (probably 4) will either sit out or move to court 1 and split up to play the winners left there. To sit out or to move to court 1 will be determined by whether or not we have one or two people who sat our the previous game.
- Once we have 4 people on each court again, the whistle will blow. The game will go for 9 minutes. The whistle will blow and we will follow the same process again.
- Who serves first??? Arbitrarily I am deciding that the team by the back cyclone fence will serve first, NOT the team by the snow fence.
- After 2 hours we will quit. I will then total the scores for each person and calculate the average # of points they scored in all of the games they played. I will then give out medals!!
- It is up to players to avoid being a partner with the same person twice. But it might be unavoidable. No big deal.
Rochester Pickleball Tournament and Festival
RESULTS & MORE PHOTOS: CLICK HERE