Spring brings outdoor pickleball to Whittier Park in Royal Oak.
1. The Royal Oak Spring 2011 Skill Level Pickleball Tournament, to be held June 3-5, is NOW open for registration. See the link for the Tournament information and registration flyer and waiver form. Please register soon and come join us for some fun competition in our first tournament. Many, many volunteers will be needed to make our tournament a success. Information will follow shortly asking for the specific help we will need. Thanks.
- Tournament Information and Registration Flyer: http://usapa.org/file/mi/2011_Royal_Oak_Spring_PBall_Tournament_Registration.pdf
3. There are 2 ladders offered to choose from and they are still open for registration. Play begins in June on Mondays or Thursdays in June.
4. Classes for young people are scheduled for the entire week of June 20-24.
- Ages 12-14 at 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Ages 15-18 at 11:30-1:00 p.m.
E-mail Pat Sullivan if interested in registering - firstname.lastname@example.org She will get back with you to discuss payment.
5. TEAM pickleball draft will be held April 14 and everyone who applied will be notified of their status at the end of April. That will enable the teams to meet, organize, and practice for league play beginning Wednesday, May 25. Subs are still needed to make the league work so if interested, PLEASE, e-mail Pat Sullivan.
6. Hopefully, our courts will be open for play soon, weather permitting. So keep posted for that information.